Sunday, May 23, 2010

French Dip Sandwich



1 loaf French bread
2 T olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 small onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves (1 halved, 1 crushed)
1 T tomato paste
2 cups beef stock
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper
Worcestershire sauce (a little)
1 lb sliced roast beef
6-8 slices provolone cheese

Cut bread into two halves and toast. Cut garlic in half and rub on toasted bread. Add parmesan cheese. In saute pan, fry onion in oil. Add 1 crushed garlic, tomato paste, beef stock, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add a little worcestershire sauce. Brint to slight boil. Add roast beef slices to sauce and saute. Fork out roast beef. Place on bread. Add provolone cheese. Melt together in oven approximately 8 minutes. Use sauce in pan for dipping.

***I'm not really a big french dip person so to say that I like this recipe is really saying something. My husband on the other hand LOVES this recipe. Every time I make it (which has been twice!) he tells me never to lose the recipe. Hence it made it into my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment