Monday, May 17, 2010

Stuffed Shells



1 pkg jumbo shells
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 egg slightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
2 T italian seasoning
1 cup parmesan cheese
24 oz tomato sauce
2 cup mozzarella cheese

Spread thin layer of sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan. Prepare shells as directed on package, drain and cool. In medium bowl, lightly beat egg; add all ingredients but only 1/2 cup of mozzarella. Mix well. Stuff each shell with about 2 T filling. Place open side up in pan, drizzle sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes.

***Just a note: I did not use 2 T of garlic because that just seemed like tons so I might have done just a little more than half. I also didn't have onion powder so I just chopped up a couple green onions and threw them in. For the sauce I just used whatever spaghetti sauce was in the pantry. Pretty easy meal- although it does take a little extra time to stuff each shell. It really did taste pretty good. My husband said it made even better leftovers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment