Monday, April 26, 2010

The best brownie cups EVER!!



1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 egg
1/2 cup butter

In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, egg and butter until smooth. Scoop batter 2/3rds full into a muffin tin sprayed with non stick spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon pretzel crumble on top of brownie batter. Pat down lightly. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. I did the mini muffin cups and they took about the same time to bake.

Pretzel crumble
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 T brown sugar
1 cup crushed pretzels

*I halved this recipe for the mini cups and it worked perfectly.

1/3 bag of caramels- melt in a saucepan until creamy
1 cup milk chocolate chips

*I just used caramel syrup and it tasted fine.

I found this recipe here and I just had to try it out. She has so many good treats that I want to try out. The only thing is that I can't make them just for us because we will end up eating ALL of them in one night. We have no self-control.
So last night we had people over and I got my chance and these brownies were an absolute hit. I can't even describe how delicious they are/were and my pictures really don't do justice, but they are the perfect combination of chocolate and caramel. Just take my word and try them yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I will attest to the awesomeness of these brownie cups. I still think about them. I think I might try to make them and use almonds instead of pretzels. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete