Thursday, April 22, 2010

Banana Muffins



1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 ripened bananas (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
4 T melted butter

In large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside. In another bowl, mash the bananas and then add both sugars, egg, and melted butter. Whisk until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Do not over mix. Drop mixture into sprayed muffin cups and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. If using mini muffin pan cook about 10-12 minutes.

We woke up this morning with gray clouds and a little drizzle of rain and for some reason I just felt like baking something which for me is a little strange. I saw all my brown bananas on the counter and decided why not? So even though we had already eaten breakfast, I whipped these out and they were so good. Light and fluffy. My daughter even ate a few even though she had just finished her oatmeal.


Yum. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. We made these the other day and we loved them!! Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete