Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chinese Chicken Salad

1 head of lettuce
green onion to taste
parsley (optional)
2-3 chicken breasts, cubed and grilled
wontons, fried and cooled

Dressing:
1/2 cup oil
2 cups vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

*this makes a lot of dressing so I usually half it and still have plenty.

Chop up the lettuce, green onion, chicken and parsley. Mix together in large bowl. Cook wontons and then crumble on top. Most of the time I just serve the dressing on the side so my lettuce doesn't get all soggy. If I am serving for a large group then I just mix the dressing in with everything else.

My SIL made this for us a few summers back and it was so nice on a hot day to eat a cool refreshing salad. I obviously got the recipe and so now we make it every now and then. Sadly it isn't that healthy for you so we don't make it lots but it is still delicious with lots of flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment