Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pulled Jerk Pork

2 1/2 lb pork boneless shoulder
1 T Jamaican jerk seasoning
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup cola
2 cups barbecue sauce

Rub jerk seasoning over pork, sprinkle with thyme. Place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Pour cola over pork. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove pork from cooker and shred . Remove juices from cooker and reserve 1/2 cup. Return pork to cooker and stir in BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup of reserved juice. Change cooker to high and cook 30-45 minutes. Serve on hamburger or sandwich buns.

Once again, I got this recipe from a neighbor because it was soooo good. I've only made it once myself and I used a really spicy BBQ sauce and it had a little too much kick. Next time I will use a sweeter sauce because the other seasonings give it enough kick for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment