Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jamie's Cranberry Spinach Salad


1 T butter
3/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
1 pound spinach, rinsed and torn
1 cup dried cranberries
2 T toasted sesame seeds
1 T poppy seeds
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp minced onion
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil

In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool. In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almnds and cranberries. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Toss with spinach just before serving. 

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it is so delicious. They gave it 5 stars and I would do the same.  I cut out the poppy seeds because I didn't have any and used red wine vinegar instead of white for the same reason.  We also really like feta cheese so I put some of that on as well but it would be good without. This is definitely going to be my new go to salad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment